1. Does the device collect data when the network is unavailable?
Yes. The device continues to monitor the environment even when no network is available. It stores the data in its on-device memory and will sync it when you move it to WiFi environment. Alternatively, you can manually export the data via our PC Offline Tool or WiFi AP.
2. How to reset the device when my WiFi router password is changed?
Repeat the device setup steps and follow the on-screen instructions. Note: you need to type in the new WiFi password. All your data are kept unchanged when you changed the WiFi password or even you move the device to a new location.
3. What kind of probe can be connected with the device?
The WS1 Pro supports 2 x DS18B20 temperature probe. The embedded RS485 interface allows soil temperature & humidity probe as well as environment temperature & humidity probe to be connected.
4. Is there any subscription fee for using the platform?
There is no need of subscription to use the UbiBot Platform.
5. How long will the batteries last?
With the default sync interval of 15 minutes, the device has a battery life of up to 4-6 months using 4 AA alkaline batteries. According to our test, the VARTA industrial batteries are recommended for better performance.